Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Join the Library
Who can join?
Any member of staff employed by UHBW can join the library. This includes full time, part time, bank, clinical, non-clinical, students, apprentices, managers and more. You can become a member regardless of what site you are primarily based at.
What are the benefits to me?
We can offer:
- Personal Development Opportunities: We provide bespoke 1:1 or group training for things such as critical appraisal, information searching, medical statistics and more: if there is something you need just ask! We can either provide it, or signpost you to a service that can!
- The gift of time: We can undertake literature searches on your behalf, assist with systematic reviews, and source hard-to-find resources.
- Expertise: We can offer expert advice and support on all things library and knowledge management related.
- Evidence-Based Practice: We can help keep you up to date with the most current research in your field or speciality without inundating you with information overload.
- Library outreach: We can bring the library to you by attending journal clubs, ward rounds and meetings where appropriate, giving you a point of contact with the library at the times where you need it the most.
You can join the library by dropping into one of our library sites at either Bristol or Weston, and speaking with a member of staff at the front desk - we will be happy to get you started on your library journey.
If it is not possible for you to get to the library in person, please click here to register remotely.
If you have any trouble with your membership or registration, please contact us at library@UHBW.nhs.uk.